So, I decided to try it out with temporary nails. I used the Impress brand. I received a free kit of these when I placed an order with an online clothing store a while back, and found that they stay on your nails pretty darn well.
I just did my nails this way, and I am really digging it! Here's how I did it and what I used:
Here's everything all laid out. The nails came with a teeny nail file (the pink thing on the white paper) and an alcohol prep pad. I got the Impress kit in "Superstar Scandal" in the medium length. If I were not making this shaped nail, I would have gone with the short length.
1) Select the 10 nails that fit your nails best.
2) File the nails down (with the provided file or your own- I used a rough one that I have because there was a lot to file away) to desired shape and size. You make hit the glue part, but don't worry, you can file that away once you press on the nails.
3) Remove all nail polish. Use the provided prep pad to clean your nails of all dust and residue that could keep the glue from adhering firmly to your nails.
4) Peel away the tab on the back of your first nail. I suggest doing the pinky first, and leaving thumbs for last. Press the fake nail onto your real nail. Continue with the rest of your hand. You can also peel away the back of all of the nails first and then place them on. Your choice.
5) Wait 30 minutes. Then, go back with your file to shape your nails how you would like them.
Then you're done! This is super simple, and if you're careful, can last up to a week. You can also paint these nails if you end up getting bored of the color (although I happen to love this vampy red!)
Thanks for viewing!