Tuesday, July 16, 2013

E.l.f. Haul and Mini First Impressions

Recently e.l.f. (eyelipsface) had a 50% off sale online. Considering they already have insanely cheap prices, I couldn't resist taking advantage of this offer. Here's my haul and my first impressions when I swatched some products...



The first swatches are the HD Blushes I got which normally cost $3 from elf's studio line. I've been interested in trying them out for a while. They are SUPER pigmented, and I'll have to experiment on how to make that dark shade work for me.
From top to bottom :Superstar, Headliner, and Showstopper.

Next I got the cream blush/bronzer duo. I've been using my Sonia Kashuk cream bronzer every day, so I decided to try this out. It's a little orange for my skin tone, but is pigmented and creamy. The blush is a gorgeous color, however it is almost too soft, and I'll have to be careful not to dig into it when I use it. It is $3 on the website.


I got 3 of the Lip Balm Tints (normally $2 each). They are surprisingly pigmented, considering they are just a tinted lip balm. They are moisturizing and have a slight sweet taste to them. I'm already a fan! From left to right: Nude, Peach, and Berry.


I LOVE elf's studio line of brushes. They are soft, durable, and at $3, the price can't be beat. This is the small tapered brush, which I will probably use for highlighting or contouring. It has a slight paddle shape, so I feel like it'd be perfect for either uses.

The elf essential brushes, for me, are hit or miss. But, because they only cost $1 (and 50% off that...) I threw some in my shopping cart. This is the smudger brush. Seems like not the softest thing, but it'll serve it's purpose.





I actually already have one of elf spoolies. But, I tend to lose these kinds of brushes or they get dirty and can be hard to clean, so it's always good to have an extra handy. These are also part of the essential line, so they are normally only $1.



This is the angled blush brush. I have had my eye on this one for a while. It is part of the studio line, so it is normally $3. It's decently dense, and I think it will lend itself to blush or contouring.



Not swatched: elf brow treat and tame and eyebrow kit. I bought two treat and tames because they tend to dry out, but I really like them for lazy days when I dont want to full out fill in my brows. I also got the eyebrow kit which I have never used before, but I have seen others use it and it's seems like something good to try out. Both products are part of the studio line and normally cost $3. I also got both products in ash- I love that elf has an ash option instead of just a light blonde, because often eyebrow products are too warm for my liking, so it's good that they are clear that this product is cool toned.

Thanks for viewing!
~Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment