Monday, July 15, 2013

IPSY July 2013 Bag Review

Hey everyone! So today I got my July Ipsy bag in the mail. Wahoo! Something weird happened with shipping so I didn't get my bag last month (but their customer service has been great in trying to get me a new one!) so this month I was particularly excited to receive it.

If you don't know what Ipsy is, it is a subscription site that costs $10 a month, and each month they send you a bag with (usually) 5 makeup/beauty products. There are many other sites like this out there (Birchbox, Beautybox5, etc), but I was interested in this one because 1) it is only 10 bucks a month, and other subscriptions can cost much more and 2) it is run by lots of my favorite Youtube beauty gurus, including AndreasChoice, MichellePhan, and Dope2111 (Promise Tamang).

With this site, you can personalize your account, and they tailor pick things to send you out of a certain group of products, so not everyone receives the same bag. Buuuuut, here's what I received:


1) The bags Ipsy comes in are usually quite cute. This months theme is "beach beauty," and they used a translucent pink cylinder bag. This is honestly probably the first bag I really see myself using for makeup (for travel, purse, etc), because I ADORE that it's see-through so that I can see each product inside. Last month's bag was leopard, yet another reason I was bummed shipping got messed up!

2) Coola tinted moisturizer SPF 20. It's organic and rose essence and all of that, but I'm not really one for tinted moisturizers. I have pretty oily skin, so if I use a product like this it needs to be suited for such skin types (I LOVE Garnier BB Cream for oily/combo skin). I'll give it a try, but meh.

Coola Rose Essence tinted moisturizer- full size (on Coola's website)= 1.7 oz for $36
Sample size from Ipsy= .23 fl oz= $4.87 worth of product

3) POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Fuchsia Flirt. I do love myself a lip crayon, but this one is pretty sheer. It's not something I would pick up at the store, but I will probably use it as a nice day-to-day gloss type o' thang. Plus, it's full size. So that's fun.

POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon= ermm, can't seem to find anything online about the individual price. They have a set at Ulta with 6 of them (not sure if they are full-sized or not) for $25. So we'll just say it's worth about $5.

4) BH Collection sample shadows. BH Cosmetics came out with a new line of palettes (Hollywood, San Francisco, and Malibu) and it looks like they took a shadow from each kit and put it into one cute little set. They are pigmented and smooth.

BH Cosmetics Eyeshadow Sampler= again, hard to tell. Each palette, when sold in full size, comes with 16 eyeshadows and 4 face products, and are on sale right now for $9.95 online. So I'm going to say this is probably in the $2 range worth of product.

5) Nailtini nail polish in Mai Tai. I have gotten different colors from this brand from Ipsy before, and I have to say, I'm a fan. This is a beautiful coral, however in the picture it looks more orange. Very excited to use this. It's also a full-sized product (always good!)

Nailtini nail polish= $13

6) HealthySexyHair Soy Renewal Beach Spray with argan oil. I've never tried this, and the size they gave is perfect for traveling. Interested to see how this works out (I usually make my own beach spray, click here for the recipe)

HealthySexyHair Beach Spray- full size at Ulta- 5.1 fl oz= $19.95
Ipsy Travel Size- 1.7 fl oz= $6.65 worth of product

All in all, this bag contained about $31.52 worth of product, and some stuff I am very excited to try out! Definitely worth the $10! 

Thanks for viewing!
~Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment