Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2012 Top Beauty Favorites!

Last year was quite a year for me. I grew and changed a lot, and cannot wait to see what's in store for me in 2013. Here are my top beauty products of 2012!

Hair:

Redken All Soft Conditioner. I think the liters are on sale at Ulta now for $16. Right now my hair is very bleached, and I believe this conditioner is the reason it isn't falling out of my head. SO GOOD.



Makeup:

Tools
Real Techniques brushes. They are so affordable, soft, and great quality. My favorite is the domed shadow brush. I actually use it to blend out my concealer, and it works wonderfully. 

Shu Umera lash curler. I've had this baby for a while, and nothing else I've tried holds a curl quite like it.



Face

Smashbox Photofinish Light Primer. This is one of my all-time favorites. It primes my face without the silicone-slippery feeling of many other primers.

Revlon Colorstay and Colorstay Whipped foundations. These are great for oily skin and wear well all day. 


















NYX blush in Cinnamon. Although I don't really wear this in the depths of winter, I love it for spring/summer. In combination with bronzer, the smallest this product on the apples of my cheeks gives me a very natural sun-kissed flush. The orange hue also looks great on deeper skin tones.


Benefit Hoola Bronzer. My go-to contour bronzer. Matte and will not make you look orange or muddy.

Pixi All-Over Magic in No.3 Brightening Radiance. This is a great, non-sparkly highlight. I love that it comes with a couple of different shades so I can switch it up according to the season and my blush.


Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette. I cannot say enough about this palette. It comes with two different concealer shades, one correcting shade, and a setting powder. I tend to mix the two concealers to get the perfect shade for me. The correcting green isn't too green-it's more olive toned and blends into my skin without looking like a green patch on my face. The area around my nose and chin get super red (thanks hormones) and this correcting tone neutralizes it perfectly. I don't use the setting powder much, but it is a very fine pressed powder and works well. 

Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach. I have bad dark circles and blue hues in my inner eye, and this peach concealer neutralizes them very well. I use my real techniques domed shadow brush to apply this and it works fantastically into my inner eye area. A little pricey at $15, but very much so worth it. A must for a "flawless face" look. 

Eyes

Again, my Naked palette takes the cake. But I've discovered that the shadow I use most in the palette is half-baked, a light/medium gold. Using this as a highlight by my tear duct really makes my eyes pop, and is a bit more unique than the standard champagne inner highlight. 

Half-baked single pan
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige. The best one-step all-day eyeshadow. I just pop the the long-wear cream onto my lids, blend under my brow, and even bring to my inner corners on days I don't have time to do a full-on eye. This color was limited edition, but there is one very similar to it (I actually think it might be the same, just different name) in a current collection called Barely Branded. This color really helps me to look more awake as well.

Barely Branded- a light champagne color in the current collection
Urband Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion. Pigmented, long-lasting, doesn't budge. Yes please.



Lips

Wet N Wild Megalast Lipcolors. First, at $1.99 at the drugstore, they can't be beat. Second, Wet N Wild often goes on sale 50% off, so getting them at $1 a piece is just ridiculous. Because of this, their matte finish and long-wearing color, I've accumulated about 10 or so. My favorites have been Plum Fairy and Cherry Bomb, as they satisfied my deep-wine lip obsession this past fall. But really, these colors are amazing. They can get a bit drying (as most matt lip colors do), but a little lip balm or gloss is an easy fix.



Revlon Lip Products. Just in General. I love the Super Lustrous lipsticks, Just Bitten lip crayons, and lip butters. They have a fantastic range of colors, and I will never have enough.


Thanks for viewing!!
~Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment